To protect yourself and others please wear a face covering, members and spectators are expected are to wear a suitable face covering at all times in circulation areas unless medically exempt to do so.
We couldn’t be happier to start welcoming you back through a managed and phased reopening of our sites from the 27th July 2020. A managed and staggered reopening allows us to put the safety of both our staff and customers first. Visit our FAQ’s for further information about our phased reopening.
It’s time to get you back to fitness and to help you we are taking the proper precautions to keep you safe and put your health and wellbeing at the heart of what we do.
Here’s what you need to know to stay safe and enjoy your activities.
Take a moment to watch our ‘what to expect video’ and familiarise yourself with our new safety guidelines. We thank you in advance for supporting and adhering to the new guidance in place.
Getting ready to move
Thorough deep cleaning of our centres
Following current Government guidelines
Our teams have undertaken extensive ‘COVID-19 prevention training’
We’ve marked out areas to comply with the social distancing rule
New cleaning schedules and procedures are in place
We’ve added signage throughout our centres
We have adapted our occupancy to enable social distancing
Developed online pre-booking systems via our app and website
You’ll find hand sanitisers at the entrance and throughout the centres
Hygiene stations in the workout areas for you to clean equipment before & after use
Provided distance and contactless check-ins for your arrival
Developed a phased reopening approach for your safety
Maximum capacity has been worked out following Government guidelines
Initially, showers and changing with only be available for our swimming customers
move well, clean well, repeat.
Each activity has time slots to allow for cleaning in between and to ensure we do not go over maximum capacity.
Help us, to help you
Pre-book your activity online. There will be NO admittance without a booking to control the amount of people in the area at one time
Each activity has time slots to allow for cleaning in between and to ensure we do not go over maximum capacity
Not sure how to book? Guides will be on the website to show you how
Download our app
Arrive “beach ready” for your water activity and shower at home to reduce the traffic in the changing rooms
Arrive dressed for your workout to reduce the traffic in the changing rooms
If you, or anyone in your household, feels unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home, follow the government guidance and don’t visit the centre
Members who are able to wear a suitable face covering are encouraged to do so whilst in all circulation areas
Sanitise your hands
Maintain social distancing
Clean kit before and after use
Do not bring a sweat towel
Pack your own water bottle
Please also read safety guidance for the following areas
- We have introduced an enhanced cleaning schedule
- There are intervals between each activity to allow equipment and areas to be cleaned
- We have cleaning stations throughout the centres
- PPE has been provided to our teams where they wish to use it or where their role requires it. Please do not be alarmed by this as this is for everyone’s safety
- Please continue to wash your hands and help us to keep your centres as clean as possible
- We have created new zones to help you navigate our buildings safely, adhering to the social distancing measures in place
- Hand Sanitiser will be available
- There will be someone to meet and greet you to show you the way
- Signage will continue throughout the centre to guide you to your activity
- Please wait outside and away from the entrance or in your car until your booked time. Upon arrival, you’ll see a marked out waiting line for your booking
- Please adhere to the social distancing rule
Please arrive ‘gym-ready’ in your gym attire.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use using the materials provided
- Floor stickers and signage will guide you to the gym areas
- Please follow the one-way system in place
- You’ll find hygiene stations in the workout areas. Please wipe down your equipment before and after use
- Workout equipment has been rearranged to keep you safe and your workout distanced
- Allow adequate social distancing between you and fellow gym-goers at all times
- Our team will be sanitising all equipment throughout the day
- Sanitiser stations are available throughout the centre for customers to use
- Based on government guidelines there will be no drinking fountains until further notice. Please bring your own water as the water fountains will not be in operation. Our vending machines will remain open at Altrincham Leisure Centre, Sale Leisure Centre and Stretford Leisure Centre
- For information about a induction or gym orientation please visit FAQs
- We have adapted the class timetables, our spaces and class occupancy to ensure you get a great group workout experience and a fantastic variety of classes
- You’ll see that some of the classes are 30 minutes and 45 minutes
- We have timetabled classes in our Sports Halls to allow adequate social distancing between you and fellow class-goers at all times at Altrincham Leisure Centre, Sale Leisure Centre, Stretford Sports Village and move Urmston
- Sale Leisure Centre and move Urmston will be providing pre-bookable Les Mills virtual SPRINT classes and move Urmston will provide premium classes for move Urmston members, such as Les Mills virtual – THE TRIP
- Different areas of the centres will be used for classes and workouts to give everybody the distance they require. some of our centres might be a little tired, but what we do have is the space and capacity to be able to provide you with your highly valued, instructor-led training, in our large sports halls with high ceilings Floor stickers and signage will guide you to the class.
- All classes are pre-bookable on the app or via our website. See class timetables and how to pre-book here
- Where possible please bring your own class equipment e.g. mats
- Please bring your own water bottle to the class
- Please do not bring a sweat towel because it can spread the Coronavirus from surface to surface
- Due to popular demand, we will continue to deliver live streaming classes on Facebook, only this time instead of from the homes of our instructors which occurred during lockdown, they will be live from move Urmston
- We’ve had to adapt various elements of our pools due to COVID-19 and to protect the safety of our customers and staff. Initially, we will only be running lane swimming and we hope to run some intensive swimming lesson courses and family bubble swimming sessions in August, with swimming lessons back in September
- All activities must be booked online in advance – either through the website or app before visiting the centre. You will not be able to turn up and swim with a booking
- Sessions will be 50 minutes long to allow cleaning of changing facilities. All swimming sessions must be booked online in advance – either through the website or app
- When entering the pool, please select the correct lane for your ability – slow, medium or fast – and choose an appropriate stroke, so for example, please do not swim butterfly if the lane is busy. When using the pool, please don’t overtake other swimmers to allow for a safe distance at all times. Please be prepared to move lanes if the lifeguard asks you to. In this first stage, it is a requirement that customers can swim a minimum of 50 metres
- Capacity in the swimming pool has been reduced for everyone’s safety. Please remember that your fellow swimmers are of different standards and abilities and you will be using the pool at the same time, so please respect everyone’s right to enjoy their swim
- No spectating will be allowed until further notice. Carers will need to take part in the activity
- All swimmers must arrive ‘Beach Ready’
- Swimmers will be allowed to enter the poolside no more than 5 minutes prior to the lesson.
- The children & parent must remove their footwear before entering the poolside.
- Please follow the one way systems at your centre. Our teams at the site will inform you on your first visit where you can spectate and change following the swimming lessons whilst maintaining social distancing.
- The changing time will be for 10 minutes.
- After each session, all equipment and changing areas used will be cleaned.
- Changing rooms will only be available if you have booked a lane swimming slot with us
- Changing rooms and pool equipment will be cleaned in between booked time slots
- Please arrive at the centre ‘beach ready’ with your swimsuits under your clothes
- Please use the cubicles and designated changing areas provided
- Lockers will remain in use however some may be put out of action to control social distancing and to help clean
- Showers will remain in use, where possible please shower at home to help traffic in the changing room
- Social distancing signage: Floor markers will be applied to show where to stand and where relevant, directional signs indicating one-way systems
- Please adhere to the one-way system in place
- Spray and cloths will be provided in the changing rooms for you to use on high-touch points
- Please adhere to the social distancing rule
- Where possible please use the same changing cubicle before and after your swim
- Wait in your car until your time slot
- There will be a marked out waiting line
- Depending on weather we will also have waiting areas for you
- Please adhere to the social distancing rule
- We ask, that you remain two metres apart as far as possible. To ensure social distancing between adjacent courts is maintained, please use the singles court markings.
- Stay alert and safe, by keeping at least two metres away from other players, including during play, whilst taking breaks and before and after play.
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high fiving). Avoid chasing the shuttle down towards another court if other players are using it.
- Once we are happy that social distancing can be achieved for singles, we will consider time slots for family bubbles and doubles in line with government guidelines.
If another customer breaches the guidelines please inform a member of staff. We ask all customers and staff to adhere to guidelines and will be operating a zero-tolerance policy. We are taking the health and safety of our customers and staff seriously and we hope you do too.