NEW PLANNING APPLICATION SUBMITTED FOR URMSTON LEISURE CENTRE
The Council has submitted a planning application for Urmston Leisure Centre. The development will provide the local community with modern leisure, health and wellbeing facilities.
The current leisure centre will be extended and extensively refurbished, offering:
- Fitness suite with a 100 stations
- New café with seating for over 100 people, open throughout the day to members and non-members
- Modern new changing facilities
- Glass façade with a clip climb wall on the inside
- Children’s soft play area and two party rooms, available to hire for celebrating special occasions
- Wellbeing assessment suite to help members get the most from their fitness regimes
- Group exercise studios with new classes and programmes for all ages and abilities
Councillor Kevin Procter, Executive Member for Communities and Housing said: “As a Council we are committed to improving the leisure centre and creating opportunities for people to be active and stay healthy. We all know how important exercise is in preventing illness and improving wellbeing and happiness.”
Designed by 5plus Architects, the plans for the centre are available online and on display at the leisure centre, or you can visit >> www.yournewurmston.co.uk.
Anyone wishing to to give their views on the planning application can do here.
Jo Cherrett, Chief Operating Officer of Trafford Leisure says: “This is an important milestone for Urmston Leisure Centre, and the centre will provide modern, fun, fit for purpose facilities. Our existing customers will see real improvements to their current experience whilst at the same time bringing some new activities to Urmston that will encourage more people to become more active.”
The consultation will remain open until 27 September. A planning decision is expected to be made in early November and, subject to approval, construction work on the leisure centre will start in January 2019 with completion by December 2019.
The work will be planned in a way that will allow the facilities to remain available as much as possible throughout.