Ready to dive in?!
Good news! Our Swim Well lesson programme will restart the week commencing the 12th April. The Government’s COVID-19 roadmap is an ever-flexible schedule and we are naturally prepared for changes, but we remain hopeful for this restart date and that this time we’re back for good!
Our swimming teachers and facilities are ready and we will pick up where we left off. We can’t wait to welcome you back – to make a splash!
What do I need to do now?
You don’t need to do anything. Your child will have their same allocated class as before the recent lockdown.
Your membership will be unfrozen the week commencing the 12th April.
Health and safety guidelines:
There will, of course, still be guidelines and restrictions in place to help us keep you and your children safe, including:
- Teachers will deliver lessons from poolside
- Teachers will adhere to government guidance and maintain social distancing
- We ask that only one parent/guardian attends with each child where possible
- There will be signage, social distancing markers and sanitisers, and intensive cleaning schedules are in place
- We ask that children come beach-ready to minimise time in changing rooms and only arrive five minutes before the lesson is due to start. This simply means they have their swimming trunks or costumes on underneath their clothes
- We advise that you shower at home rather than at the centre where possible
- We ask that you wear a mask when spectating. We still need parents to remain in the centre, but where possible please limit spectators. We know it’s not easy but your support
- will really help. Some sites may allow spectating on poolside depending on space
We recommend you review all our safety guidelines, which you can find on our website here. Please respect our facilities and be patient with other people at our leisure centres. Please give each other space and be kind.
It’s been a long time since our children were in our pools and our teachers understand that some may be nervous whilst others will be full of excitement. As before, in our first week of lessons our instructors will be incorporating some structured fun play to welcome you back in a considered and gentle way. Trafford Leisure is passionate about children learning to swim, and we can’t wait to reignite your child’s enthusiasm for the water. If you no longer wish your child to have swimming lessons, please let us know here. If have any questions, please contact our customer hub.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact the relevant Swim Well Manager below.
Anthony Jackson, Sale Leisure Centre:
Amie Wood, Move Urmston:
Nicky Lowe, Altrincham Leisure Centre:
Tessa Griffiths, Stretford Sports Village:
If you enquire do please be patient with us as we are having lots of enquiries at the moment, we will get back to you as soon as possible.